Regarding the development of the Gorodets we have very little information. The remains of the fortifications of Gorodets - semicircle shaft length of about 2 kilometers, which had the height of the wall of the ravine 14 yards and a width of 3 fathoms. It is not known whether Gorodets stone construction. Collegiate Church of the Archangel Michael, destroyed by fire in 1368, was rebuilt the same year Prince Boris Konstantinovich. In the annals of the city referred to the Monastery of St. Lazarus, but probably existed there and other monasteries, as in the story of the death of the city at the time of the invasion of one of the Edigei units in 1408 chronicler mentions in the plural of the burning of churches and monasteries, without naming names. There is no information about Gorodetsky craft, although its existence in such a princely center undoubtedly. There are but a direct reference to the collection of trade taxes in Gorodets myta and tamga, and revenues from them were evidently considerable, if Gorodets with Uglich had to pay at the expense of the Horde "exit" almost 600 rubles.